Effective Date and Updates
Information the Company Collects
Following is a list of items we collect on the Website:
- “Personal Information” is information used by the Company to identify you individually, such as your name and address, telephone and email address.
- “Aggregate Information” is information that does not contain Personal Information or from which Personal Information has been removed. An example of Aggregate Information is information about use of the Website, such as pages visited on the Website.
- Email Services. If you provide us with your email address and opt in to any email notification features the Company may now have or may develop in the future, you may receive email from time to time from the Company. Each email you receive from the Company will contain an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email message which will provide you the opportunity to opt out of receiving future communications from the Company by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link and following the unsubscribe instructions.
- Information Request Forms. The Website contains request forms that allow you to request information, products and services, and to submit resumes to the Company. When we collect such information, we may share it with third parties as is necessary to respond to your request.
- Administrative Purposes. We may collect and use information that identifies you personally when you submit comments, questions or suggestions through the Website. We also may collect and use your information to contact you when necessary for other administrative purposes. If you do submit comments, questions or suggestions through the Website, please do not include confidential personal or financial information in such requests. Such e-mail will be maintained in accordance with our corporate e-mail and document retention policies.
- Resumes. If you submit your resume to us or complete a form related to a job opening on the Website, we may use the information to contact you, in our sole discretion, or we may store it in our files in a manner consistent with the way we store other information related to job applications.
Disclosure of Your Personal and Aggregate Information
Personal Information. The Company will not sell or disclose your Personal Information without your consent except as set forth below.
- Consultants. From time to time the Company engages consultants who may need access to the information we collect to perform their services for us, such as administering our mailing lists. We require our consultants to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only in accordance with the service agreement between the Company and such consultant.
- Online Marketing. Company may from time to time provide your email address in actual or encrypted format to resources such as Google and Facebook (Online Resources) for marketing purposes. The Online Resources will use your email address to show you Company advertisements when you are on Online Resources. Based on your use of an Online Resource, the Online Resource will send Company advertisements to others who use it and who have characteristics similar to yours. The Online Resources will not divulge or retain your email address or use it for any purpose other than serving our advertisements to you and other potential home buyers online. You may at any time use our unsubscribe function to discontinue the Online Marketing and to stop receiving email communication from the Company.
- Transaction Processing. When you complete an information request form or otherwise indicate to the Company you want to receive information about a product or service (such as a request to be included in mailings about our future projects), we share and maintain the data needed for you to receive the information you requested.
- Legal Requirements. The Company may disclose your Personal Information when required to do so by law or when the Company believes such action is necessary to:
- Conform with the law
- Respond to claims
- Comply with legal process served on the Company or the Website
- Protect and defend the Company’s property
- Protect and defend the Company’s Employees, Customers, and the Public
- Sale of the Company. Information collected through the Website is intellectual property of the Company. Accordingly, the Company may disclose and transfer ownership of such information in the event it is sold.
- Employment. When an applicant provides to the Company a resume or other personal information for an employment opportunity, the Company may provide this information to appropriate Employees and/or Consultants.
Aggregate Information. The Company collects “Aggregate Information” about the user and their use of the Website whenever they visit the Company’s Website. The Company may collect “click stream” information such as entry and exit points, site traffic statistics, page views, impressions, operating system, browser type, and IP address. The Company may disclose and/or use Aggregate Information. If the Company correlates Aggregate Information to an individual, such information is considered Personal Information under this Policy.
The Company uses “cookies” on the Website. Cookies are small text files stored on a user’s computer by a web server based on the permissions set in the user’s browser software. A cookie itself is not designed or intended to read any information from a user’s computer (other than the contents of the cookie); rather, it is an identifier used by the website that originally placed it on your hard drive. The actual contents of the cookie information can be retrieved by the same server to identify the computer and subsequently to customize, monitor, or regulate the use of a site based on information stored in the cookie and the host server. Therefore, cookies identify only the user’s computer to the website that may correlate other information, including personal information, with the cookie. Cookies allow the Company to automate access and data entry functions of the Website such as login information, correlate online ordering information for purchases, tailor the Website to your preferences or interests, or customize promotions or marketing. In addition, cookies allow the Company to track use of the Website to determine which areas are useful or popular and which are not, thereby enabling the Company to improve and update the Website effectively.
The Company uses reasonable efforts to store and maintain personal information to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction by any unauthorized party. If you are asked to provide financial information in connection with your request for the Company’s products or services, such information will be collected through a secure internet connection using reasonable commercial security measures. The Company stores no financial information or social security information on the Website. We use secure servers using current encryption technology to safely encode your data. We make reasonable efforts to prevent the unauthorized access of our systems containing personal data.
Breach of Security
In the event of a breach of our information system security that may compromise your personal information, the Company will promptly notify you of such breach at the e-mail address we have on file. We reserve the right to delay notification as may be reasonably necessary as part of internal investigation or law enforcement efforts related to the breach.
A link from the Website to a third-party website does not imply endorsement of the site or the ability to control the site’s privacy practices. You should be aware third-party websites may collect data and personal information and operate according to their own privacy practices. Therefore, you should carefully review the privacy policies of third-party websites before submitting any Personal Information to them.
Opting Out, Removal of Personal Information, and Contacting Us
You may opt out of receiving further communications from the Company at any time. To opt out of receiving marketing information or to unsubscribe from any specific email service, please email your request to: email@example.com
If you have questions or concerns about this Policy or the accuracy of any Personal Information the Company may hold about you, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To request removal of your Personal Information from the Company’s system, please email your request to: email@example.com
We will comply with your request except to the extent we are required to maintain your information in accordance with our document retention policies or applicable laws and regulations.
If you believe the Company has not adhered to this policy, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond promptly to your concerns.